Margaret Lane Gallery is a family owned and operated independent art gallery that opened in January 2017.
Our gallery focuses on three main practices; Accessibility, Inclusivity, and Expanding Horizons.
- For artists, to the art-viewing public.
- For the public, to art.
- Catering to families -- that means people of all ages -- and people from all walks of life.
- Embracing a range of styles, tastes and cultures.
- Art awareness
- Art education for the general public
- Educational workshops for artists on the business of art.
We seek to be an integral part of our community. Some of our community activities include:
· Being a PORCH sponsor, providing food assistance for one of the local high schools
· Welcoming school groups, and other youth groups (summer camp, Girl Scouts, etc) to the Gallery. For example, 70+ Grady Brown Elementary School first graders visited our gallery as part of a field trip. We provided a tour of the Gallery, and an art activity.
· Becoming certified as a dementia-friendly business by the Orange County Department on Aging
· Being a sponsor for various community events, such as for the local Rotary Club and Alamance Artisans
· Providing free art activities for children whenever the Gallery is open
The gallery itself has five rooms on the first floor, and a large 2nd floor room.
One of the first floor front rooms is dedicated to monthly rotating shows, that change for each Last Friday Art Walk. Another first floor room is dedicated to special exhibits, including in support of community initiatives.
In addition to being used for art display, the large 2nd floor room is also used for workshops, and is available for rental for small and medium sized groups.
One of the smaller rooms on the first floor is dedicated to a free children's art corner that is always available when the gallery is open.
Portraits (photography) - people, pets, cars. anything you'd want a portrait of!
Art reproduction - Have a digital copy of your art work created.
Printing services - Don't have access to a quality printer? Bring us a digital file and have your photos and digital art printed on an array of different papers including linen, canvas, metallic, glossy and matte. Sizes ranging from wallet to poster size.