Margaret Lane Gallery is a family owned and operated independent art gallery that opened in January 2017.
Our gallery focuses on three main practices; Accessibility, Inclusivity, and Expanding Horizons.
- For artists, to the art-viewing public.
- For the public, to art.
- Catering to families -- that means people of all ages -- and people from all walks of life.
- Embracing a range of styles, tastes and cultures.
- Art awareness
- Art education for the general public
- Educational workshops for artists on the business of art.
We seek to be an integral part of our community. Some of our community activities include:
· Being a PORCH sponsor, providing food assistance for one of the local high schools
· Welcoming school groups, and other youth groups (summer camp, Girl Scouts, etc) to the Gallery. For example, 70+ Grady Brown Elementary School first graders visited our gallery as part of a field trip. We provided a 30 minute tour of the Gallery and an art activity for each of four groups.
· Becoming certified as a dementia-friendly business by the Orange County Department on Aging
· Being a sponsor for various community events, such as for the local Rotary Club and Alamance Artisans
· Donating gallery space -- along with event promotion, poster and flier printing, social media posting, print advertising -- in 2020, 2021 and 2022 for Cedar Ridge High School's International Baccalaureate Visual Arts program senior student shows. You can read about the 2021 show here: Cedar Ridge High School seniors showcase their artwork at Margaret Lane Gallery - The Daily Tar Heel
-Putting on the Something to Say 2021 and 2022 shows of work by inmates at Orange Correctional Center. Provision of curation services, display, poster and signage design and printing, print advertising, social media promotion, reception and special event hosting.2021 and
· Providing free art activities for children whenever the Gallery is open
The gallery itself has five rooms on the first floor, and a large 2nd floor room.
One of the first floor front rooms is dedicated to monthly rotating shows, that change for each Last Friday Art Walk. Another first floor room is dedicated to special exhibits, including in support of community initiatives.
In addition to being used for art display, the large 2nd floor room is also used for workshops, and is available for rental for small and medium sized groups.
Portraits (photography) - people, pets, cars. anything you'd want a portrait of!
Art reproduction - Have a digital copy of your art work created.
Art Printing services - Don't have access to a quality printer? Bring us a digital file and have your photos and digital art printed on an array of different papers including linen, canvas, metallic, glossy and matte. Sizes ranging from wallet to poster size.